An Old Irish Blessing ... May the road rise up to meet you.May the wind always be at your back.May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields.And until we meet again,May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

"It is said some lives are linked across time. There are certain people connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages....destiny."

Life is a fleeting moment. Why live life in moderation and control when it lasts so short a time. Love until you drown in the happiness, laugh until the air you breath escapes you, cry until your tears are dry and live like the next second death will take your soul. Life is yours to live, and live it you must, not in the fear of what is to come next. That Next Place is waiting for you. It waits, in the hope that you will come fulfilled and ready, not in longing and regret.

Thank You For Being a FRIEND!*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵Ʒ..•°*"˜ ☆ ¸..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-.(ړײ)/       ¸.•´….•´¨¨)).«▓       ((¸¸.•´ ¸.•´.-:¦:-. ╝╚ ….. ... `♥♪♫-´¯

Wishing you a wonderful new week..Like little birds, we only fly when we get shaken out of our nests; and develop the strongest wings only when we try them against the wind. The dove in a fable, was perturbed because the wind ruffled its feathers, but without that air it could neither soar nor live. In struggle, it is prudent to not wish away every opposition. It is better to meet and master our difficulties that faith can be made stronger through conflict.~Leroy Brownlow~With much love allways

Friday, October 9, 2009

a letter of dispair ..... I Cry

I have a friend back in Texas who is a Vet technician...today she sent me this piece she wrote, and I'm sharing it here in hopes it will be passed on...in hopes it might reach those who might be thinking about buying that cute kitten or puppy for Christmas.

I Cry.....Sometimes I sit here on my day off, its quiet, nobody is home… and I cry.. it’s a healing cry. It is the time of the week, where I thank God I don’t have to kill anything. I don’t have to look into a sick cats eyes and take its life. I don’t have to look into the eyes of a scared or sick dog, and take its life. What really hurts is looking into the eyes of a perfectly healthy dog and I have to take its life because there is no more room at the Shelter.

I blame it on overpopulation. The selfish act of people who don’t want to spend the money to spay or neuter their animal. The people who stupidly think that their dog or cat is really cute so lets let them have a litter of puppies/kittens. Or this excuse…. I want my kids to witness the miracle of birth! Ok, let them get on the web and watch it… or you can also let them watch me kill ¾’s of that litter because statistics show that only 1/4th of an average litter will make it past 2 years old… Even full blooded, registered litters.

Anyway, its my job… I do it because its required of me. My friends and aquaintances ask me… “How can you put those animals to sleep? How can you look them in the eyes and kill them?” Well, I am going to explain it. How can I “NOT” do it? How can I trust that job to anyone else BUT me? I want the last few days of their lives to be with me. I want them to feel all the love, hugs and kisses in those last hours that they didn’t get before. I want them to experience warmth, a full belly, clean fresh water, and lots of hugs and kisses! Can I trust anyone else to do that?

Then “IF” the time comes where I have to put them to sleep.. I want to be the one to do it. I WANT to make sure that I gently give the tranquilizer that will drift them off to a peaceful slumber. I want to hold them and kiss and hug them so that they are happy when they fall asleep. I want to be the one that gives that final, fatal injection… because I will pray for each and every one of them that their journey over the rainbow bridge is safe. How can I trust this important job to anyone else? So, I do it… and that one day a week, when its quiet and nobody is home…. I cry.

Taken from ALS, Pheonixx in OZ thank you for sharing. As an animal lover I feel for your friend
Until next time
Rina

No comments:

Post a Comment