An Old Irish Blessing ... May the road rise up to meet you.May the wind always be at your back.May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields.And until we meet again,May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

"It is said some lives are linked across time. There are certain people connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages....destiny."

Life is a fleeting moment. Why live life in moderation and control when it lasts so short a time. Love until you drown in the happiness, laugh until the air you breath escapes you, cry until your tears are dry and live like the next second death will take your soul. Life is yours to live, and live it you must, not in the fear of what is to come next. That Next Place is waiting for you. It waits, in the hope that you will come fulfilled and ready, not in longing and regret.

Thank You For Being a FRIEND!*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵Ʒ..•°*"˜ ☆ ¸..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-.(ړײ)/       ¸.•´….•´¨¨)).«▓       ((¸¸.•´ ¸.•´.-:¦:-. ╝╚ ….. ... `♥♪♫-´¯

Wishing you a wonderful new week..Like little birds, we only fly when we get shaken out of our nests; and develop the strongest wings only when we try them against the wind. The dove in a fable, was perturbed because the wind ruffled its feathers, but without that air it could neither soar nor live. In struggle, it is prudent to not wish away every opposition. It is better to meet and master our difficulties that faith can be made stronger through conflict.~Leroy Brownlow~With much love allways

Friday, July 9, 2010

Just Some of The Beautiful People in My Life ....

It's going to be a little rough here, our lives are going to change for the worst and it's about a little 7 year old boy. Right now I am hovering at boiling point, and then come down with tears streaming down my face, but the fight is it really over? I wrote this sometime ago but just could not bring myself to post it. As a grandparent you only have privilages and no rights, you are at the will of parents. They decide what is right for them and sometimes you know it's not but you are unable to even be heard. Since I wrote this everything is on hold, my son started fighting for his child again maybe cause his scared of his mother like grandson says.Lol But I don't think he will ever take Daughter in Law back again. I know there is two sides to every story and pointing fingers at anyone is wrong cause 4 point back at you.And he did wrong too .....

I know those tears from long ago, just after my Dad past away, they used to come rolling at the sound of a song, a stray moment, sometimes while driving to work. A ache deep down in my heart, moments of regret that I never made the final trip back to lay a flower on his grave. Now there is no grave only the waves where his ashes floated away. Closure never really came ... maybe I should have followed my own heart and flown back home, not listened to family advice. We celebrate his life in September. I need to thank my beautiful friend Rosie for helping me let go and letting him across over.

At a recent family gathering we chatted about My Dad and Ex stepmother, who accepted me as one of her daughters, my kids as her grandchildren. But My uncle only saw the hurt in my father's eyes when they seperated.Dad was not prefect too ... My beautiful aunt also came to her defence for all the kindness shown to my grandmother. I will love her for that for ever. Hester has remarried and is now living in PE as far as I know. If only I could find her eldest daughter who is now living in Sydney somewhere ... maybe someday our paths will cross again.

Our family is so small and getting less by the day as Dad's brothers and sister are aging too. And now we sitting in Oz far away from our roots, happy to be here, so glad I have my kids and grandkids here too. But my heart will break if that little boy and his mother decide to go back.
Until nexttime
Rina

5 comments:

  1. Ek kan myself nie die hartseer indink. Mag God sy hand oor jou hou en jou vertroos! Sterkte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rina, my warmest thoughts are with you. As mothers and grandmothers it is a hard thing to go through when out children's marriage break down and the toll it takes on all. My son and his wife split not to long before Christmas last year, it was a huge surprise and shock, not at all expected. There will be no reconciliation for them. I truly feel your distress and pain at the thought of your little grandson moving away, as my wee grandson is so far away in my old home land. It is very hard at times and as a mother I wish there was something I could do to make it all different. My son and I do the best we can from here to be close to him.
    Take one day at a time Rina and know that people are holding you in their thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rina ons is self deur so ding met my man se seun so 6 - 7 jaar terug... weet waar le jou seer. Baie sterkte hoor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very tough when your family members are not all in the same country. I'm also sometimes feeling I'm missing out on so much and my parents are getting older. My hubby's father ad brother passed away while we were overseas. It is very hard. I'm also concerned for my family's safety on a day to day basis, but we cannot live life like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ons seun is in die UK het ook daar egskeiding deurgemaak. As ons kon was ons daar maar finansieel gaan dit nie. Egskeidings is hartseer selfs al is die afstand klein.
    Ons vind baie troos in skype. Nie dat ek dit adverteer nie, kry niks daarvoor nie. net as 'n ouma met kleinkinders ver weg is dit fantasties. Hulle lawaai en sit nie 'n minuut stil voor die kamera nie en so sien ons hoe oulik en gelukkig hulle is. Ons kan maar net sit en geniet - die koste is feitlik niks. Dit help.

    ReplyDelete